Collingwood with Your Crew: Group Dining in the Downtown Core
Whether it’s the start of your group getaway or the end of a long day of meetings, few things can get a group relaxed and connected as quickly and easily as breaking bread together.
Stepping out of the typical office grind and into new settings is key to building stronger relationships. It’s the perfect recipe for generating fresh ideas and tackling challenges from new angles. And, of course, there’s also the fun factor!
The Collingwood food scene is popping fresh with award-winning restaurants, innovative chefs, and a buzzing, entrepreneurial vibe where anything goes.
Many Collingwood bars and restaurants are closed or on reduced hours early in the week, especially in winter. Check websites to confirm before heading out.
Best for Group Dining
There are lots of great restaurants in Collingwood, and 11 Rooms is conveniently located just a short walk from many of the best ones. Reserve or call ahead, especially on weekends.
- Poppy’s. An excellent French bistro has opened up a few doors down from the hotel. It has a great vibe, outstanding cocktails, a classic French menu, and they love welcoming groups. Not good for vegans. Daily dinner. Sunday brunch, too.
- Bello Pizza. This newcomer is making waves with great pizzas, salads, and nightly specials in an intimate environment. Friendly staff, wonderful wine list. Wednesday to Sunday.
- The Pine. Reserve well in advance for an intimate dining experience in this award-winning 12-seat restaurant that offers beautiful, unique set tasting menus. Best for groups with elevated palates and few dietary restrictions. Thursday to Saturday.
- Tremont Cafe. A friendly vibe and elegant tasting menus with excellent plant-based options. Wednesday to Sunday.
- Bent Taco. Fun, laid-back taco joint with great food and even better margaritas. Wonderful patio. Wednesday to Saturday.
- Al Carbon. While the decor here is decidedly less hip than other options on the list, the food is great and accommodates many different diets.
- Black Bellows is an art-filled brewery, resto and bottleshop located just a 1 minute walk around the corner. Fun beers, pub food, and great fries.
- Northwinds: A 10 minute walk away, this brewery and bottle shop offers a big selection of beer and food, including popular beer tasting flights. Loud, rocking vibe. Their moto pizza (Detroit style) has a cult following.
- Sol Kitchen (lunch only) A very popular spot for healthy, substantial lunches, just a short walk from the hotel. Closes at 5 pm.
- Fish & Sips. Lovely fish with thick-cut chips. Tues to Sat, from noon.
Best for Take-Out (Walking Distance)
Steps from 11 Rooms, these restaurants are ideal for picking up takeout to enjoy in our Lounge or at the picnic tables in the fabulous gardens.
- Low Down. A fun pan-Asian menu and wonderful, takeout cocktails. Try the Hotel Lobby. Mon to Sat from 4pm.
- Al Carbon. Wonderful Peruvian ceviche (get extra chips) and roast chicken. Great chimichurri. Monday to Saturday, from 11am.
- Bent Taco. Takeout taco and nacho kits with yummy margaritas. Wednesday to Saturday.
- Sol Kitchen (lunch only). A very popular spot for healthy, substantial lunches, just a short walk from the hotel. Closes at 5 pm.